Monday, January 25, 2010

What a wonderful weekend.....for the most part!

Well my weekend started out with a bang! I hosted a Margarita Spa Party at my house on Friday and it was a blast!!!!!! I really needed some time with just the ladies to relax and unwind for a few hours. Once we were done with the spa, we headed upstairs for some drinks! We had lots of fun visiting and catching up on all kinds of stuff. I am thankful to each of the ladies that were able to come. Everyone had something fun to discuss.............Jess and Kara and those pesky beads, Lauren and Melissa......wondering what Sea Breeze is? Jamie and Erin both getting part of the mud mask in the wrong body part (up the nose and in the mouth)!

During the relaxation time of the spa, of course my phone started to ring. I quickly hit the mute button and decided I would check it later. Soon after the relaxation portion Theresa showed me a text that she got from Mary, stating I needed to call her ASAP it was about Pop! My heart sunk and I grabbed my phone and ran upstairs to find out what was going on. Mary told me that he had an adverse reaction to the heparin they had put him on and his platelet count had dropped very low. She said Fred was with him and the Dr was in and they were getting it under control! Thank goodness :)

I took the kids with me to the hospital on Saturday and they had a great visit with Pop. While there 3 different Dr's were in to check on him. One said his pneumonia is really starting to clear up. Another said that they are still monitoring his issue with the blood clot and he is on Gatroban (sp?) which helps with the adverse reaction to the heparin and helps build his platelet count back up. He will be on this medicine for 5 days and then they will start him on Cumidin (sp?). The third Dr said that his lungs sounded good, but he needed to keep his feet elevated to help reduce the sweeling.

He is doing well over all, he is still getting up and walking at least 4 times a day. His blood sugar is still on the high side and as earlier posts state they are still solving that with insulin.

Mary went down to visit yesterday and said he was doing well and that he ate a good lunch and was in a good humor. I am headed back down tonight after work, taking him some things he asked Mary to have me bring. With any luck, and some continued prayer, he will be home by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment