Thursday, March 17, 2011

Donkey Basketball

The following pictures do not do justice for how hysterical it was to watch the actions of the donkey basketball was. Donkey Baskeball made it's return to good ol' MGHS last week after being absent since 1998! I forgot just how funny this was to actually watch. I laughed and laughed and laughed some more ;) The kids had fun as well, but I believe they enjoyed the popcorn more than the actual basketball!!! Most of the photos I posted are of the teachers and the elementary principal because they were just that funny to watch....................
Above is Mr. Koonce AKA Bobby with a crazy silly smile on his face. I am pretty sure he was confused about what he was actually suppose to do, that or he was just to afraid to actually get on the donkey..................
Below is Prudy from the Smithboro Fire Dept. She had a blast that's for sure. Just look at the smile on her face!!! She spent more time on the floor then she actually spent on the donkey ;)



Above here we have Mr. Joiner AKA Tuffy really getting into riding the donkey. I think he may just be ready to head out on an actual cattle round up and rope him up some steers!!!


Poor Harley she shot a basket into the wrong teams
hoop and ended up scoring for the teachers instead of the students!
You should have seen the look on her face when she realized it, I
only wish I could have captured it on camera. It was a priceless moment.............












Again, Bobby just seems to be leading his donkey back and forth on the court and now he has Mrs. Eirhart doing the same thing!
Here Tuffy is looking at me like "What, I am trying to
get the ball but I just don't seem to be having much
luck. At least you were able to stay on your donkey most of
the time!!!!











Brandon going in for a shot! He shoots and scores, he did very well most of the evening until............he got the bucking donkey and then it didn't seem to matter how much experience he had at riding he kept getting thrown off.


Well now Tuffy is pulling his donkey down the court, I guess
he was watching Bobby and thought this trick might work better
for getting the ball!!!!
Poor, poor, Mrs. Hartlieb she didn't have much luck riding her donkey either. She was a good sport and kept trying and I caught several snapshots that I may have to print or make into a book for her!
Well Donkey Basketball was a HUGE SUCCESS!!!! The gym was packed and they had to put chairs up on the stage to make more room for people and their were still people standing along the wall and in the doorways!!! Way to go Class of 2011 I would say you brought many smiles to the faces of the audience with your fundraiser and hopefully you were able to raise some money for your trip!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment