Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dance, like mother like daughter!

So it begins, when I was Callye's age I was taking dance and tumbling classes in Greenville. My classes were combined and I was taught by the amazing Barbara Sugg!!!!! If you know her then you know she was a great teacher and it has continued within the family. Her daughter Lori loves to dance as do Lori's girls Allison (my current fair Queen) and Bridget. I decided it was something that Callye would enjoy. So this summer her and I talked about it and if you know Callye then you know she LOVES to dance so it was not a difficult deicision to enroll her in dance class.
All ready to go to her first night of dance, she even hairs her up in the bun as requested by the dance studio. Isn't her hair adorable?????

This is by far my favorite photo of her during dance. It was actually taken after dance class, being that during dance class parents are not allowed in the room so that the girls can concentrate and not get distracted. I think that is a wonderful idea!!! After her class I asked her to show me her room and to show me some of the moves she learned. She ran straight for the mirror and made this pose.


Showing me some of her dance moves!



"Mommy we do this it is called the butterfly" Well we are 2 1/2 months into dance season and she loves it. She will be performing at the local nursing homes with her dance class in December until then.............




No comments:

Post a Comment